Wednesday, February 3, 2010

God is SO COOL

I left Colton's work today (where we signed and faxed all of our paperwork for the counter-offer counter-offer) feeling extremely anxious. I closed my eyes (at a red light of course) and prayed quickly "God, please put my mind at ease. I want peace." I immediately felt a warm calming sensation and decided to sing along to KLTY (Christian radio station) to keep my thoughts on Him. I happened to turn it on right as a new version of "It is well" came on. The very first thing I heard was

"When peace like a river attendeth my way..."

(Although I couldn't figure out what the new version was called...it didn't say "attendeth my way" in it. However, it had the same meaning so I posted the original hymn).

I'll be the first to tell you that music isn't a huge part of my life. I could live in a life without it just fine (well, except musicals. I love them). So the fact that God chose to speak to me through music is awesome to me. He took something so unimportant in my life and made it into something extremely meaningful.

Seriously. God is amazing all the time, but it's in these small times I really feel his presence.

I just thought that was a cool story to share.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails