Monday, February 23, 2009

Portrait of Christ

This weekend (and past few weeks) I have been avoiding a lot of responsibilities (and blogging). I don't really know why. Call it a midlife crisis. Haha. Anyways, I am back, and hopefully more frequent. I hung out with Hailey and Taylor Saturday. We went to Purple Cow. (yumm!!) and then to church. See, I was having pics done Saturday, so I hadnt eaten much Friday or Saturday... so I pigged out. I ate a BBQ bacon cheeseburger, onion rings, side salad and this...


all by myself.


Hailey and Taylor shared a milkshake(aren't they adorable?!)
Anyways...church. It has been a LONG time since I have felt so good at church. Don't get me wrong, I loved CLife. It has been a battle trying to find somewhere that is relatively close to as amazing as that church. It has been interesting visiting different churches, hearing different styles of music, and different pastors. Well, I am seriously saying this. I think we found the one (or I did at least). Saturday was my third time visiting (Colton was playing at a Dnow). I seriously cried. I cried the first day I was there because I felt that God had FINALLY gave me peace about where i needed to be, but I was hoping Colton felt the same. I would love to be called to the same church Colton is, but I know sometimes that doesn't happen. Anyways, Saturday was the end of the series Jesus for Sale. The message was very powerful, and yet simple. It was back to the basics about how to explain our faith to people when they ask. I know I have heard it 100 times, but I was still fascinated and captivated by the sermon. The thing that got me this weekend though was one of the songs they sang. I had NEVER heard it before, but I think it is my new favorite worship song of all time. It is called "Portrait" by a band called Freely (www.myspace.com/freelymusic)

The faith to wash, the feet of another
Is a faith that's not, undercover
What can I do, in a world that's hurting
But live like you, always serving

I wanna be like you, I wanna be like you

Chorus
This is a loud faith
A sacred devotion
Reaching out to know who you are
It's not, a fake life
A religious commotion
But a living breathing portrait of Christ

I give my life, for the sake of others
Lay down my pride, to help my brother
There is no end, to what can happen
When all our words turn to action

Whoa we're livin for you God

Wow. It is so moving and so amazing. I love that "It's not a fake life, a religious commotion, but a living breathing portrait of Christ." And when it comes down to it, that is what I desire to be...a living breathing portrait of Christ. :)
I hope that song will inspire someone like it did me. I swear. I can't get it out of my head. I love where I am in life right now. I love the man I married, I love my new friends, I love the city I live in, I love the school I go to, and I love the church I'm visiting. I am so blessed and thankful to be where I am today

Oh, and I am now SUPER excited because Sam moves into our apartment complex Sunday, and Jen moves in once they are married in May. It's official. :)!! Yay!!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails