Friday, January 29, 2010

Updates...

Thank you all so much for your prayers!! They have really helped with my nerves today. Here is the latest.

I did get the job. I am so grateful, because I think this will be such a huge step in my life. I really feel that I will do a great job, and I am very excited about it. I requested a specific amount of money, and they are unable to do that for me. They jumped through several hoops to get me what they were finally able to offer me. It was only $2/hour less than I requested. Some of you may think "$2? What's the big deal?" However, $2 breaks down to $40/week which is $160 a month. However, Colton and I crunched numbers and I feel a peace about it. It may not be exactly what I wanted, but God has a plan for it and us.

About the house. We were scheduled to view Lyly today, and the owners had to cancel our appointment because their child got sick. We were bummed, but did some research. We found a house, "Washington" that would be a new build. That greatly excited me, so we bought our flashlights and headed over to the neighborhood. It was a little too rural for our taste, and Colton wasn't a huge fan of the neighborhood like he was Lyly. We decided against that one and drove by Lyly only to make me like that house even more. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of picking our own carpet, tile, and everything in between. We just like everything else about Lyly (without seeing the inside) better.

I'm excited about where this journey will go. Hopefully I will be diligent about documenting everything in process.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails