Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Great State Fair of Texas

So...I skipped school Tuesday. =( I feel bad, but I HAD to sleep. Now that Colton has been off on evenings means that we go to bed at the same time. He talks and moves SO MUCH that I haven't been able to sleep all week. I think Tuesday it finally caught up with me and I COULD NOT open my eyes!! I felt terrible. Then, today I felt the same way. I am just so exhausted and keep getting these terrible migraines!

Since I didn't go to school, we went to the fair a couple hours earlier. Yay for Dr. Pepper Tuesdays (bring an empty can of DP and your ticket is $3). So we were in!! I found my name, so I think that makes me a princess...




we went to a stunt show...




And it was so windy.



We tried...



Chicken Fried Bacon- It was good, I don't think it lived up to its expectation, but it was nice.
(You get more than what I have pictured...I just forgot to take a pic)




Fire and ice- VERY good. This was Colton's dessert, so I didn't have much.
Fried Smores- Wow!! we split it and it was by far the absolute best!! YUUUUM
Fried banana split- MY dessert. This was also excellent. We got a mini one for 6 coupons since the regular one is 17 COUPONS!! (It is huge, so it is well worth it.)

We were walking through one of the tent things and this mime literally walked up to me in the middle of the tent and grabbed me to be a part of his show. I saw all the kids looking at us, so I didnt want to be rude, but I was laughing my butt off. Apparently I was some "girl" and a "guy" falls for me, I tell him to go away, cupid hits me with an arrow, and the "guy" and I live happily ever after...all in silent film style. Enjoy my humilitation.








We got on the Texas Skyway, and got some pretty pictures (except at this point we were both exhausted!)












And that was our day at the fair.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails