Friday, October 3, 2008

It's been a while...

Not a LONG time, but it has felt like it. To be perfectly honest, I have just not felt like writing.

I am scared.



I have never worried about school before and this semester I feel like I am slowly dying. I have NEVER failed a test before, and I did this semester. I completely BOMBED a test Thursday, and I would honestly be shocked if I even made a 40. (really.) I thought I made an "A" on one test and made an 84. *sigh* I have just been doing terrible (for me). I took my online Spanish test, and the teacher expected us to answer 30 multiple choice questions, 2 essays, watch a 5 min video and answer questions, all in one hour. What?! Failed that one too. (Maybe I just made a low "C" we will see)



I feel like I am always busy and have no time to do anything. I need to make a day, or just a half of a day that I devote to myself, or my relationship. Time to take a bubble bath and relax, time to breathe, time to dream, time to take care of things for myself...not housework, not homework, not stressful time, not planning time...just time.

So, I promise Colton and I have been doing way better at our dares than I have about writing about them. Where did I leave off? I think it was just day 2. His "special surprise" was a long stem red rose waiting for me on my car windshield when I got off work...I bought him a pecan pie. Day 3 was to "buy something special" that tells your spouse you were thinking of them. I got him guitar pics, and he bought me the Green Bags. tehe. See I was up late watching TV and an infomercial for these "green bags" came on. They are supposed to keep your fruits & veggies fresh longer. I almost bought them, and realized "we do not need these, Jessica" later that week, at walmart...There they were. I was in awe. But again, I did not buy them. Colton and I just joke about them everytime we go in. Seriously, they are hysterical.

Day 4 we just had to contact each other at some point during the day to let them know we were thinking about each other. We do this usually, so it wasn't a big deal. Day 5 and 6 were about watching how you react to situations and arguments, and making a list about prioritizing your time (something I desperately needed). Today is another "on our own dare" where the other doesnt see it, and we dont talk about it. we are supposed to make 2 lists. One with qualities we admire in our spouse, the other in "irriatating" things. We dont talk about them. We just make them and hide them.

=)

It has been a very interesting and eye-opening. I highly recommend this to any couple.

That's all for now, I'll give a weekend update on Monday.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails