Friday, October 31, 2008

Ahh...Christmas

It's Halloween and I'm at work. All I can think about is Christmas.
This is seriously my favorite time of the year. Once Halloween is over, all the Christmas stuff comes forward. I am so excited. =) Not only because I love the smells of gingerbread, peppermint, chimneys, hot cocoa, and pine. Also not just because I love wearing a hoodie and driving with my windows down at night and gazing at all the decorated houses, or the decorations that fill up all the stores, or the Christmas cards. And the music...how I LOVE the music. And the movies that are only good to watch once a year, and the "Christmas specials" on TV and the abominal snowman and Rudolph and Santa.
Not only am I excited about all of that, but it is our (colton and I) first Christmas as "our family", first Christmas where we get to decorate OUR place, first "married people" Christmas. We are getting a 4 ft small tree (since we have an apartment).
Call me gothic, but we are decorating with black, white, silver and khaki ornaments, bulbs, feathers, and garland. To match our living room. My "theme" for Christmas, I have decided, with much consideration will be Snowflakes. I LOVE snow, and I want to bring it to our decor. =) So we will have many snowflakes, all shapes and sizes.
I am participating in the "Nestie" ornament exchange and tomorrow, I get my secret Santa. We have two weeks to pick out an ornament and send it to them. I think it is going to be really fun. In return, I get an ornament. =D
Seriously, I could not love a time of the year more than this. I wish I lived back in the day when carolers were more common. I went once when I was a kid and loved it. I wish that could be a tradition that was brought back.
(By the way, if anyone wants to, I am so totally in. hehe)

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails